Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Hyderabad - Many Years Later...

I got an occasion to travel on work to Hyderabad in the month of January. Like almost all major South Indian cities, this is one city which I used to frequently visit in my first job, more than 6 years ago.

I stayed with a close friend of mine from my Bangalore days - Prashant. The first impressions were - lots of new malls and eating joints. Over the next couple of days, I noticed the many flyovers. There was a Congress plenary session happening, so some key roads had been widened, numerous flags, hoardings could be seen along the roads.

Did not get to see any of the tourist spots that one usually associates with Hyderabad - Charminar, Golconda Fort, Salar Jung Museum due to lack of time and enthusiasm :-) But it was nice to catch up with my friend.

No comments: