Monday, August 01, 2005

Rains in Mumbai

By now, many of you would have heard of the heavy rains in Mumbai. How heavy it is can be gauged from the fact that we have already had more than the average annul rainfall in less than half of the monsoon season! I wonder how much rain we will end up receiving this season!

I normally do not like the rains, I much rather prefer the warmth of the sun! And I have been cooped up at home for 3 days now, and not enjoying it at all. The redeeming factor is that my niece is staying with us. She is all of 10 months old, and it's great fun watching her play.

The rains have also put a spoke into my travel plans. I was planning to travel to Malappuram, near Kozhikode (Calicut) in Kerala, for a couple of days, starting tomorrow, the 2nd of August. But now, I am hoping to be at least able to reach office tomorrow, and then figure out my travel plans.

I hope everyone is fine, wherever they might be.

No comments: